Monday 26 August 2013

08:44
          A stethoscope, often considered the symbol of a doctor's profession, but also used by safe-crackers and auto mechanics to hear sounds that otherwise couldn't be heard. Well, it's time to make a high-tech electronic spy stethoscope. You can hear and record heartbeats with this spy gadget, or even listen through walls!

You Will Need :


  • Stethoscope
  • Pair of Multimedia Microphones (for the mini condenser mic)
  • Hot Glue
  • Mini-stereo Y-adapter
  • Digital Recorder or MP3 player/recorder

Process :

I disassembled the multimedia microhones using an X-Acto knife and assorted tools. I cut it down the middle to get to the cabling and also popped the top off the header to get the mics out. I ended up with 2 mics and 3.5mm connectors.


Remove the earpieces from the Steth. Then I drilled out the earpieces to the diameter of the mic housings. I used a Dremel with a grinding attachment to fine tune it.


I used a small dot of hot glue and inserted the microphones into the earpieces and then reassembled the earpieces on the Stethoscope.
          

After plugging the two 3.5mm connectors into the Y-Adapter and then plugging the single stereo connector into my MP3 player


          

0 comments:

Post a Comment